About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Have I ever mentioned that I HATE Halloween?!?!?

I am not happy with my new cable service. For starters, the guy did not know how to set up the internet. He tried, but he was like a monkey fucking a football. I tried it, and I thought it was working but later I realized it wasn't. He didn't set up the modem for wireless. Douche. So later I called Comcast and they set up a service call for me later this week. I unhooked everything he did, and hooked back up my DSL stuff. He left me the disc, so I might take the time and go through the very comprehensive instructions and do it myself, just to prove that I can- but you know, it pisses me off that they sent a guy out who was reading the instructions while he was doing it. Aren't these guys supposed to be totally trained in this crap?

So then last night, the cable in the boys room went out. Fuckkkkkk. The menu works and all that- but there is just no picture. Lovely. I called this morning and me and the guy on the phone reset the machine, twice- but still nothing. So he added it to the work order to look at the box again.

E-husband was in my hospital last week. He was not on my floor, thank god- but he was there. He met a few of my friends, including the hot butchy lesbian who is single again. No shock there. He said he could totally see why I like her. Please... I have excellent taste in women.

--

My ex husband called me on Friday and wanted to know if I was taking Alex out for Halloween. Ummmmm, no.

1) I have class on Wednesdays.
2) I don't know if e-husband will be in town, or feeling well enough to take the kids out.
3) He's almost 13. He's TOO OLD to go trick or treating.

I seriously HATE teenagers who come to my door for Halloween. Costumed or not. If you are not accompanying a much younger sibling- I seethe at you, taking my candy. Get a fucking job.

Alex just wants the candy. I told him that I'd give him $10 and he can buy a variety pack of candy. That will cost a lot less than a costume and the time, energy and RAGE I will feel knowing that my almost 13year old son is out trick or treating. There is a dance at school that he wants to go to and I'm fine with that. If his friends are going T or Ting, then he is welcome to tag along with them. But I'm not taking him, and I'm not going to spend $25+ on a costume when all he really wants is a plastic weapon and candy.

If e-husband is in town and feeling well, he may take the little ones to one of the carnival things they have at the local parks here. And Alex can go with then of course, but I'm not investing in a costume. The little ones won't dress up. They are just weird about stuff like that.

I'm not against the dressing up, it's the trick or treating that I hate. I have nothing against putting on a costume. I did it when I was little. My mom used to make me the MOST kick ass costumes. I remember one year I was a spanish dancer. My mom made me this ruffled layered skirt that was red and black. It was beautiful. I played in it a lot. But even when I was younger, I was not comfortable with trick or treating.

We encourage our children not to talk to strangers, certainly don't take anything from them. Except the one day a year that we make them unrecognizable and encourage them to go to the doors of SEVERAL strangers and ask for it. ugh.

The LAST TIME I went trick or treating, I was in high school. My friends were going and they pressured me to go. They were really good at peer pressure (face it Carrie- you were), and I was a fucking doormat. So I dressed up with them, but I did NOT go to doors. I was totally mortified by my friends being complete hoses- trick or treating well after you've developed B cup tits. It's shameful.

1 comment:

Tammie Jean said...

OMG! That last line made me choke - you are hilarious!