About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chances are

So e-husband is out of the hospital. Over the past few months, definately the last week, something very strange has happened between us. Something unexpected. We seem to be, um...ahem, in love..
and stuff.

Some really serious stuff happened at the hospital that I can't get in to, but in midst of it, I've made some major decisions. Since I put my ring back on, I've just felt a little more relaxed about spending time with him and we have been getting along really well. Laughing- a LOT and fighting a lot LESS. Even when the normal irritations come along, I am learning to walk away from it, which sort of includes walking away from him- and calming down. And then later, we either talk about it, or drop it.

I feel appreciated and not taken for granted. Which IS different than before, especially when he's in the hospital. I found myself looking forward to taking breaks to go see him (he was on a different floor) and he even met some of my friends and was polite and charming to them. Not that he can't BE polite and charming, but often, especially when he is hospitalized, he's not exactly in the BEST mood. Strangely many of my friends at the hospital have commented on how good looking he is, which is nice to hear also.

He came home on Friday and I am pleased to say- we have been all over each other. I can't remember the last time I was so hot for my husband and we've been making out all over the house. This morning when I left the house to run some errands, I could still smell his cologne on my clothes. That was kinda cool. I don't get very mushy about it, cause, well, that's just not me anymore. But I feel like it's time to put the past in the past.

Maybe this won't last. I don't know if it's possible to fall in love with the husband you could not wait to be away from just a year ago. People say it's possible, but those people don't know my husband. I haven't made any real decisions, there's a lot to be dealt with yet- but I'm rolling with it- and enjoying myself, and him more than I have in YEARS, and more than I thought I ever could again.

2 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

This post is so heart-warming to me.

It reminds me of a movie vignette that I love so much. From Paris, Je T'aime. A man is cheating on his wife and is about to leave her. But before he can give her the news, she reveals to him that she is dying. He decides that he must be by her side to care for her, and in doing so, falls for her all over again.

My favorite part of narration from that is this: In pretending to be a man in love, he became a man in love.

Anyway, my best to you. Your words made me smile tonight.

Jaws said...

What a great post. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I heart you too.