About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Retail therapy

I was feeling kinda down earlier. (Expect that for a few weeks- I'll explain later.) But I was feeling down, I have a headache, I'm congested. So I went shopping. Not MALL shopping, just errand shopping. I had to go to Office Depot to return the DVD's that don't work on my burner (only the expensive ones work on my laptop) so I rummaged through the clearance section. I found some awesome drawing paper for e-husband and some of those coloring books with the markers that only work on the special paper. All $1 each. Kick ass!! And I found a video game from the movie Cars for $5. Gabe likes being on the computer so he will really enjoy it.

Then I went to Target and bought medicine for e-husband and some for the kids who seem to be achy and whining today and complaining of head and tummy aches. I also picked up the new blank DVD's that I know DO work on my laptop. I also found a digital camera on clearance for $60. It is usually $120 so I scored BIG TIME. E-husband has been saying he would like a digital camera, he likes photography and he is all arty and stuff, so he can probably create some cool shit. It will be a great b-day present for him, but I am sure I won't be able to wait 6 weeks until his birthday. I'm so bad like that. I can never wait.

I also went by the grocery store and bought some staple foods. Fruit and oatmeal for the kids, popsicles and pedialyte for e-husband.

I feel better now. I know I bought things for everyone else- but that is what makes me feel better. If I just spent on me- I would feel guilty and remorseful. And don't worry- I did but something that I enjoy.



De-freakin-licious!!!

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Nothing like spending money to perk you up some! Chin up babe!

Lori M said...

We bought King's Hawaiian rolls yesterday too! All in the family. I could eat the whole damn bag! :) Love ya!

Jessica said...

I love King's Hawaiian, I'll eat the whole damn bag!!