About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Uganda-lirious

That's about where I'm at. It's 11PM, and no I'm not in Uganda. I'm in the midst of writing a paper about their health care system, or lack of one. I wrote 5 pages when I realized the difference between a research paper and a critical essay. So about two pages are out, and about 4 pages were added. Lovely. Now to read it aloud, edit it, and possibly add sentences because it is a minimum of 1500 words and I have 1509. It is a better paper. I have taken a position.

I am glad I do not live in Uganda.

Duh.

I do not have to report for Jury duty tomorrow either. I was hoping. I had another conversation with someone who does all she can to get out of jury duty. I'm a student, I have no money I can't be here. My boss claims that if.when she gets called she will just say that she hates the government and hates cops and thinks our entire legal system is bullshit. Maybe I'm just weird, maybe I don't like conflict. Perhaps I question the motives of people who claim to HATE COPS, hate the legal system, and hate our government. I'm not exactly a political fanatic or even well educated on the topic- but you know- in all it's simplicity, it could be worse- I could live somewhere that is NOT the US. Again, no political debates here- it's just my personal opinion. I don't blindly trust the government, but I don't outwardly hate everything about and related to it either. I'm sure that the Founding Fathers had good intentions, but you know, allowing men with ego's to tweak anything for long enough, it will become just a shadow of what it's intention was. I won't go off. I don't have enough knowledge about it. Just my simplistic thoughts.

If I could approach everything that way.

I saw small table set up outside the local grocery store yesterday that said "Ditch Cheney Now."
Ummmm, now like a said, I am not always so up to the moment with my political stuff, but isn't that campaign several years too late?? Way to stay on top of things- douchebags!

Leaving the parking lot, I also saw a bumper sticker that said "I'm only driving this fast because I really have to poop." It still makes me laugh thinking about that.

Damn, that reminds me- it's 11:15 and I still have to go to the grocery store to buy pull up diapers for Danny.

poop.

(giggling)

No comments: