About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

library offender

I called the public library today to check on my account. And Alex's account. Alex's account is $125. Holy fuck!!! 3 books that were never returned, from 2001. The books were on ADHD. I checked them out when he was diagnosed. I forgot to return books on Alex's ADHD, Niiiiiice.

I also checked my account. $12. from 2005. A book on the San Fernando Mission. Oh my god- we never returned the MISSION book. Any of you with kids (especially in CA) know that all 5th graders do a Mission report. And me, the good citizen, never returned the book on one of the missions- possible affecting EVERY 5th grade student in our neighborhood. I apologized for being a LOUSY library customer. Since Alex is a minor, they don't really DO anything about his charges, only he won't ever be able to get a library card unless it's paid for. So yes, I'm going to pay for them, maybe the library will give me payment terms. At least they don't charge interest!

I just paid my 4oo day old cable bill. That means I am getting cable again next weekend!!

wheeeeeee

4 comments:

D-Man said...

Good God!

Maybe you need to check out a book on how to remember things!

:D

I can't believe they don't contact you and ask you to return them. $125!

Jaws said...

For shame! LOL

Blissfully Wed said...

Wow. And I'm ashamed of my $6 overdue fee.

Have fun with that. ;)

Tammie Jean said...

Oh no! That's the same reason I hate renting movies. I never remember to return them, and then it costs me $25 to see a movie I don't even get to keep.