About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Cleaning house

So here I am, all up early and at work at 6AM. Its time for me to get my crap together and get the off of this mental vacation I've been on.

My house is a physical disaster. You know I am of the belief that I should not have to worry about such things- being that I have someone at home who I feel should be handling this- but we all know that is not going to happen. So I need to just step up and deal with it.

I have the opportunity to move into a really nice new apartment that is only $225 more than what I am paying now. I figured that since my rent was going up ANYWAY- I may as well get a nicer place rented to me by a friend. However, the market is so bad, it turns out that my rent isn't going up after all. Part of me still wants to take the apartment. However, I know that it's not a smart move. The apartment I am in is still under $1500. It's close to my mom, and the kids schools. It really doesn't make sense really. Which sucks- cause it is a beautiful apartment. My friend really wants to rent it- and if she could let it go for what I'm currently paying I'd be all over it. At this point, I'd be moving, and paying more (all on my own, by the way) just so the e-husband would be more comfortable sitting all day in a nicer apartment. It just doesn't make good financial sense. So another year in my shitty apartment. Perhaps I will put some money into it and have the carpets cleaned, again- and take the time to make sure that they fix the crap that needs fixing. Rumor has it that they have a new maintenance team. Lets see how long this one lasts.

damn.

My mental house is kind of a disaster too. I have some crap I got to deal with. Paperwork shit that is piling up. I have to deal with that too. I need a secretary at home.

Someone to say, sign this- and send it off for me. Someone to be accountable to. As long as the kids are fed and cuddled, and the bills are paid, my job is kinda done. I am not accountable to anyone. I refuse to be accountable to the e-husband. And we all know what a fucking flake I am.

This should be interesting huh??

No comments: