About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Step 1- accept it.

I am powerless and my life has become unmanageable.

(I can hear the athiest sighing from a thousand miles away)

But it's true. I am sooo absent minded lately.

I lost my drivers license. I can SEE it, sitting somewhere- waiting for me to find it. It's waiting for me- and I can't find it. Ahk. I'm getting in a plane in two weeks, going out of town. With no drivers license?? Shit. So I called the airport and my expired license, and a temporary license with picture (they do that now) will be fine. Hopefully it will be just as fine at the bars!! Of course, really, if anyone things I'm not 21- I will blow them right there on the spot.

I lost the Student Loan Exit interview envelope. I signed the papers, I put it in the envelope. I even addressed it, and then I lost it. The contents of that envelope will hold up my final grades and ultimately my diploma. Lovely.

I lost the notice I received from the IRS. CP2000. A propsed change. From 2006. Here's what I did. I left Celtic on Jan 5th. So I had one more paycheck from them. My final paycheck. So what happened? Did I forget to include it when I did my 2006 taxes? No, not really. I entered all of the info on to my Turbo Tax forms, everything except the actual wages. Yeah, smooth move huh?? So of course when Celtic reported that they PAID me actual wages, well as it turns out my refund (specifically the child tax credits) should have been a tad (read: $1100) less than what they paid me. So you know, $1100 plus you know, fees for that little loan... and I owe closer to $1200. So I can make payments, and cause I'm basically poor (only cause I have so many fucking kids and one income) I can make very low payments- so it's ok. But yeah. I lost THAT paperwork.

Seriously folks, what is my fucking deal?

Regardless, I made the call about my License. I called the school and they are resending a form and she said that grades won't be ready for three more weeks anyway. And I called the IRS. Man, they really are a lifeless group huh?? I was hoping it was a stereotype and I'd get a really kicky Jamaican guy on the phone who laughed at my predicament and said, "Gurrrl- yo gooda geet yo ahct togetha!!" (ok so maybe in my head he sounded like Sebastian from The Little Mermaid). But no- he was very "Thank you Miss Furraireeee. Is there unything I can doo to help you todaaaay?" I mean- tie me down and make me watch paint dry!!!

But they are also sending me the form and I've got some time- so that's good too.

Regardless, I gooda geet my ahct togetha!! Cause you know, I'm goin to NY in two weeks. Two weeks baby from tonight- I will be IN New York. awwww yeah!!!!

No comments: