About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

9 trips to Hoboken

This is what we decided we would call this trip if we were going to write a book about it. The Path Train went to Hoboken every time we got on it. The only time we did NOT go to Hoboken and we finally got the shit down was the day we left. I am not an expert on the NJ/NY Path Train- but Kim is. Without Kim I would have ended up in Harlem.

or Hoboken.

The Avenues run East to West and get higher as you go North. The Streets run north to south and they get either higher or lower as you go East... or West. Some shit like that. I couldn't figure it out. Kim always knew where we were. Don't travel hard, travel smart. Bring someone with a sense of direction- and that person is not me. I end up in Hoboken!!

Hoboken became the slang for when things were fucked up. If the coffee was too hot, it was all Hoboken. If plans went awry, it was cause Hoboken. When we were lost at 4:30 in the morning, well- we were in Hoboken.



Where are you?
Hoboken.

Next time I should just STAY there because that is where the train goes, no matter what.

We spent most of our time in Downtown Manhattan. It is less touristy- lots of cool pubs and places to walk around. The best fucking italian food ever. We had italian food every night. I smoked in NY- but I barely went through a back and a half in 5 days. Cigarettes are close to, if not more than $10 there and The Athiest pointed out that it was officially cheaper to get high than it was to smoke cigarettes. Whats with all the moms walking their babies around at 1:30 in the morning? Don't you have a bouncy seat?

We hung out at a few really cool bars and met 1/2 of two really cool guys. Meaning one guy was seriously cool and the other guy was chock full of douchebaggery. Some guys just can't take "No, Thank You" for an answer. Too bad. Cranberry and Vodka and Pinot for Kim. I can't spell the other part of that wine, but you know if you drink wine then you know.

Hey lady? You know! Ask Kim the joke- I can't tell a joke.

More later.

1 comment:

D-Man said...

Are there hobos in Hoboken?