About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Tough love is not for sissies.

It's Friday. The E-husband is in Canyon Lake with the in-laws and my step daughter. He attempted to call in sick for his life again last night. I know that it's sort of a psychosomatic reaction for him to get too sick to move every time he has to be social or outside of his comfort zone. He has been anxious about Sarah being here because he's sick and he doesn't like her to see him like this.

News flash pal, you've been like this for years. We are on to you. We know you're sick. We know you don't have a lot of energy, we know you don't get around like you used to. We know it. We got it. We're used to it.

When are YOU going to get used to it??

So he was giving me a bunch of crap and not being able to make the drive and not wanting to go cause he feels to awful and a bunch of other stuff. WHAT THE COCK ABOUT THAT???

I told him that he was being selfish and that he needed to suck it up. You can't miss a THREE DAY visit with you daughter that you haven't seen cause you've got a bad case of the whatever is wrong with you every other day. I told him that there are some things that you can't miss. Some things you will REGRET if you dick out on. She'll never say anything, but it's not something that just rolls off the back of a 15 year old.
HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT TO HURT THIS GIRL?

He called me a bitch and told me to fuck off. And hung up on me. I sicked his mom on him also. He called me an hour later and said,

Well I sure don't want to spend the next three days with YOU- so I guess I'll go.
You know, I don't like to be such a bitch, but it's important. I'm tired of the kids getting hurt because Dad is sick. It's just not right and I won't tolerate it. Hurt me, fine- but not my kids. Not anymore. I can tolerate that we all have to put up with his limitations. I realize that is a bummer and they will probably have to suffer a little bit along the way. However, blatant disregard is just not allowed.

Deal with it.

No comments: