About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

En route...

I am flying. The plane will land in about 2 hours. I’m listening to Snow Globe which is a song from my friends’ band. We are over Iowa or something like that and there is turbulence. Kim has assured me that it’s just air.

It’s BITCHY AIR, I told her. Twatty air.

I don’t like it but Kim is right here to hold my hand and I just reach over and grab it. The Xanax and Vodka has worn down a bit and overall the fight has not been too bad. Just a few 40 second sessions of bitchy air, and then it’s fine. I even got up once to pee. Yah me.

We are having fun though. Every time Kim gets up to go to the bathroom, which has been two times now I do the totally heteroflexible thing by not getting up so she has to lap dance over me. It’s cool.

If I had cash on me and not in my purse I’d tuck bills between her boobs. She’d dig that and would gladly take my money for letting me oogle her goods.

We are destined to have a blast.

The check in at LAX was really not so bad at all. A few lines and such but everything moved pretty quick. There was very little waiting around and I didn’t have too much time to freak out. I got a cup of water before we took off and I had my Xanax and it had kicked in before we departed, so that helped a lot.

I’ve always been a bad flyer. I admit that one the reasons I don’t travel is because I hate to fly. When I was younger my uncle offered to fly me Holland and I declined because I would have to fly for 19 hours. Yeah, no. But Kim is thoughtful and she lets me grab her hand and she sort of rubs my arm in that sort of mom-ish way. She seems to be getting me through this experience as she flies a lot- we were joking in the airport that she needs a leash for me so I don’t get lost (cause I’m a runner)

When we land, she is going to do some laundry cause she didn’t have time before she left and I am going to relax a bit, and then we will go into the city for food and a drink.

I’m so excited I can hardly sit still. Knowing me I will find time to post while I’m there, cause I’m a blogger geek like that. I can’t help it.


No comments: