About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I don't have the shopping gene,

I went shopping today for fathers day and NY stuff. I got my father in law the Rocky Series. Six Rocky DVD's for $20. Score.

I got my step dad this fathers day t-shirt and matching hat that says "Keepin it Reel" and there's a fish on it. He likes to fish and he likes showing off that he's a grandpa. He has one from a few years ago that says "Grandpa Rocks" and a rocking chair. He loves it. I didn't get anything for my husband, but the kids made him things at school- and I think that's ok. He's at his parents with his daughter and not doing very well there either, but I think he'll be ok soon enough. I am glad to be free of it for a few days and it's somewhat alarming how much better I feel when he's gone, it's just a lifted weight. I think I even LOOK better when I'm away from him.

Also bought myself a few skirts for my trip but it turns out that I'm not as big as I thought I was so I get to return them for a smaller size- hey my day is looking up!! I figure I need SOMETHING kinda cute for the evenings and going out to eat. I can't do shorts all weekend right? Of course I have nothing totally cute- cause I just don't DO cute or feminine. I have some slutty low cut tops for the bars at night- and my awesome jeans. A few dress pants. I just don't DO fashionable. My body is not shaped like the dresses in the store. It doesn't work on me. Perhaps my charm will be enough.

Really, I don't care all that much. I mean- I bought some new makeup and I will not wear scrubs around Manhattan. I just can't promise too much more than that.

Ok, maybe I used the word charm too loosely.

1 comment:

D-Man said...

That is indeed a score.