About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Where my shopping dollars go.

I went to the swap meet today. Not the big one in Costa Mesa but the smaller ghetto one that is local to my house in Cypress. There's two parts to the swap meet- the front, where it's people reselling stuff that is new and 'the back' where it's people selling off their old crap. I hate the back of the swap meet. There's no shade, there's no food vendors- just people and big piles of stuff. Yes, sometimes you can find some interesting things. Cool ashtrays, tea kettles, fancy boxes and sometimes tools for like fifty cents. I get why people like it.

However, I'm not a shopper to begin with. It's not ingrained into me so I will walk through, stop if something catches my eye- and be out of there in like an hour. I am more of a destination shopper. Today I went looking for socks. I got 18 pairs of socks for $10 today. (3-packs were 3 for $5) I bought Alex some picks for his guitar. 4 for $1.00, I bought a new keyboard for Alex's computer cause since he spilled the soda in his, it just doesn't work the same. Mike got his watch band changed out and three links removed for $5.

Bargain shopping is cool, I mean I kick ass with double coupons and a sale flyer. I learned from my mom, who taught me that if I am smart, I can get paper, paper towels, and air freshener for .38 cents. She used to have us all go through a different line with the stuff, coupons and a dollar. She's a genius that way.

I think my mothers proudest day was when I called her and told her that I got all $100 of groceries for $36. Yeah, I really did.

I can kick ass too.

No comments: