About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

"We won't vote for an empty skirt."


No, it's not just 1 person sounding off- this blog contains responses and comments and emails from women across the country.


From the About Me section on this blog:

We are not in the habit of criticizing women in the public sphere, as we usually feel we should support our female compatriots with as much encouragement as we can. However, Sarah Palin's record is anti-woman. Feminism is not simply about achieving the power and status typically held by men. It's about protecting and supporting the rights of women of all classes, races, cultures, and beliefs. Palin's record and beliefs do not align with this. She was chosen by John McCain specifically because he believes that American women will vote for any female candidate regardless of their qualifications. He is wrong.

There's also some other good links there.
I admit that I'm not super educated on politics, OR feminism- but I know what I don't agree with. I don't agree with her.
How dare the GOP assume that by placing “a women” on the ticket that women who supported Clinton would be sawed over to the republician party. We are not idiots and we do not choose a candidate simple on the merit of gender. I am disgusted and am even more turned off by John McCain and his judgment.
Sarina Rodriques, 39, Los Angeles, CA

Reblog, send the link out, do your research, voice your opinions.

(Incidentally, the post that I reposted about the list of banned books- is unconfirmed as to the authenticity of it)

No comments: