About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Class One, Week 1.

So this is the end of Week 1 in school. I am glad to be back in and I see that I can't get behind. I have a two page paper due today. I wrote it already, I suspect that it sucks. The topic was vague and combined research stuff with personal experience and goals.

APA format bothers me because the left side is flush, and the right side is left jagged. I am more of a "total justify" so it looks nice and square

It's not esthetically pleasing and it looks wrong, which gives me stress. Also, does a two page paper need a cover sheet? And really, this is stupid:



There's almost more on that cover page example than the actual paper. Seems like the header should start on page two... and really "Running head:" it's supposed to SAY that. That's fucking annoying. Two different resources say that is how it's done. I just want to know WHY??

4 comments:

garbonzo said...

I hate "formats." I just want to write. More annoying are the styles for endnotes, footnotes, and bibliographies. They are all just a hair different. But enough to throw you.

Good luck!!!

D-Man said...

So I guess that's about learning to format, or something?

Old Bogus said...

I agree; "running head" seems like a format command than an inserted format term. The term itself conjures up an image of joggers stopping for sexual relief along the route.

M said...

My last of the four I attended did APA and I cannot tell you how stupid and pointless that format is.

I ended up just not doing it on all of mine except for my final senior project. Whatever, I still got almost all A's.