About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The cool-ification of Economics

My Econ teacher is lecturing on marginal costs and spending. Nobody is listening, except, apparently me- which is funny because I am writing a paper for another class right now and hardly listening. Maybe it's my super mom ears and I can pay attention while not paying attention.

But how do I know that nobody else is paying attention? Because he just said:

"Well at that point, you've shot your wad."

I looked up and looked around. Nothing. Nobody even smiled. Nobody heard it!!!!

How do you NOT smile when our stammering republican econ teacher uses the term, "shot your wad" ?? I leaned over to a classmate who is studying for another class and asked her, "Did he just say 'you've shot your wad." ?

She doesn't know, she wasn't listening.

But I heard it. He stops seconds short of saying "fuck" alot. He replaces it with 'darn', 'frick' 'rats fanny'.

But he just said something better. 4 words that redeem him, regardless of how much he stammers, is boring, or supports the Govenator.

"You've shot your wad."

He's officially cool.

2 comments:

Andy Land said...

Heh heh heh. She said, "shot your wad."

Julie said...

Yeah, I'm cool like that.