About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

As exciting as a root canal!!

So I have less hits today after making the Dancing with the Stars comment yesterday. I'm not the only one that watched it, you know? I have noticed my daily traffic slowly climbing here, so I welcome you 8 or 9 newcomers to my world. This blog is almost to about 3,000 hits in about the 5 months I've been writing it. Half Nekkid Thursday helps alot. :)

Now I have that other blog that I have briefly mentioned here. And last week or so, that blog hit 100,000 hits. It was a silent little victory for me. I have a nice group of loyal readers (I just call them "readers") and friends and I'm grateful for my slice of the dirty blog-o-sphere. Call it what you want, it's something I'm proud of.
---
I was watching What About Brian last night and one of the guys proposed to his wife. It's a long story... but he did the one knee and the diamond ring- thing. It was sweet. Not overly sappy or corny, like a proposal in a fortune cookie, but sweet. Thought out. Genuine.

I've been married twice. I've never had the one knee and the diamond ring. The one knee- yes, and the diamond ring- yes, but not at the same time, or the same guy- and not with any effort put in to it. I didn't care about all that, really, but then maybe I just figure nobody will find me important enough to do it for me- and maybe that's because I keep saying it's not important to me. What came first- the intimacy challenged woman, or the lazy man?

I don't have a plan for my marital status right now. It's on hold. But if I ever actually get married again, God help us all, I think I'm going to do my best to pretend that the whole one knee, big diamond, fancy wedding and spectacular honeymoon IS really important, because really, while it may not be- it might be fun and I won't ever be asking myself this question again:

Did I settle for less, or did I just never ask for more?

I always said that I didn't care about having a big wedding and all that hoopla, what I wanted was a good marriage.

Yeah, now I'm 0 for 2 and I have still never been on a cruise.
---
Flashback: March 1999- it was a Wednesday. We have been living together approximately one month. Dating for a year and a half.

e-husband: "What do you want to do this weekend?"
me, looking through the travel section of the newspaper: "Hey, we could go to Vegas."
e-husband: "We could get married while we're there."
me, laughing slightly: "Well Vegas is the place for that"
e-husband: "We should!"
me: "get married, this weekend?"
e-husband: "Maybe not this weekend. We could leave now. Get married tomorrow. Lets do it."
me: "I can't. I have jury duty tomorrow."
---
It never occured to me until just now- how really funny that is.

2 comments:

Tammie Jean said...

"Did I settle for less, or did I just never ask for more?"

Oh I like that, Julie. I think the people who speak up are the ones who get their needs met. I should probably speak up more...

LadyXandria said...

"Let's get married." "I can't, I have jury duty." LOL, that's too funny.

I have yet to make that walk down the aisle, but I certainly want all the hoopla when I go. And while I agree that too many people focus on the wedding ceremony instead of the marriage itself, I think deep down every girl wants to feel like a princess for a day.