About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mr. Manic and the Bad Juju

I found out that my midterm paper that I thought was due on Wednesday is not actually due until after spring break. Hello, that gives me more time to study for my Tuesday midterm. But more importantly, next week is spring break! One whole week without school- more time at home.

More time with my kids
more time to cook
more time to clean

well, it's just a week- I will survive it.

But I can study more for my Tuesday midterm, which I am feeling just fine about. I'm too exhausted from the longest fucking weekend on record to study price elasticity and cost analysis. The e-husband is going home tomorrow.

Thank fucking god for that.

Not that he's been a jerk or anything, he just got sick and I don't DO sick anymore. He spent the first three days talking about all the things he wants to do when he gets better, and then the last two days just trying to manage his pain and his bloodsugar. So he's loads of fun. Assloads of fun!!! So he can take his assload home tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, the first three days when he was Mr Manic, he cleaned the house and played with the kids and was all Manic-super dad But what is up, must come down and I shared this exchange with "Mr Depressed Guy" in the middle of the night:

me: Did you take down the gate (safety gate for the boys room, usually keeps Danny from getting up in the middle of the night and wandering into the fridge)
Mr. Depressed guy: no I thought you wanted it up
me: No I take it down cause Gabe crawls into bed with me at night, and if the gate is up he will stand at the gate and call for me, and wake up everyone so I take it down.
Mr. D guy: Well I guess I can't do anything right.
(long pause while I am contemplating kicking him in the back and sending him flying out of my bed- that was more comfortable for his aching legs than his usual sleeping place, which is Gabe's bed)
me: Will you give me a fucking break with that? It's 4AM, go feel sorry for yourself in someone elses' bed.

When Gabe climbed into bed with me that night, Mr. Depressed Guy climbed out and slept on the couch. He puts bad vibes into my bed. Nobody is going to want to join me in a bed of bad vibes. I got high thread count sheets. I have a comforter that matches the sheets, the pillow cases and even the fuckin ruffle. I have pillow shams and a god damn ruffle!!! I have created a nice environment in my bed, a place that I hope men will want to venture. But nobody wants to venture into a bed when there's bad vibes. He needs to keep his negative energy out of my bed. So unless we are going to have angry sex.... he needs to not be such a sack of 'woe' and sleep on the leather couches with his bad juju. I believe that leather cannot be penetrated by juju.

So he and his assload of bad juju are leaving in the morning. Perhaps it will be another few weeks before we do this again. I enjoy the benefits of him being here, but when you do the analysis, the cost is so high that the difference in between is like 5 bucks. It's hardly worth it.

2 comments:

LadyXandria said...

"Leather couches cannot be penetrated by juju." I love it. That's an awesome line right there.

On a separate note, I friggin hate it when people leave their negative energy all up in your private space. For me its the equiavalent of tracking mud or dog poo all over someone's carpet. It's just rude.

Tammie Jean said...

"I got high thread count sheets. I have a comforter that matches the sheets..." LOL that's great stuff! When I was tired of being single and decided to get back into dating, the first thing I did was buy new sheets. The second thing was to revamp the panty drawer.