About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Extraordinary!!

I admit that I am often one to find myself moved by a good speaker.  However, rarely am I  encouraged and excited and truly inspired, especially by a politician.

I made Alex watch the second half of Barack Obama's speech tonight.  He grumbled with me.  He said, "Oh I don't like politics.. I don't care.. I want to talk to my friends. "  I demanded he sit down.  Demanded.  

Pay attention, Alex.  This matters!  It's fuckin historical- SIT DOWN!!

He slouched on the couch and sighed every thirty seconds.
For about three minutes.

Then something happened.  Something in that man's voice and his passion and his ideas made my slacker 13 year old stop and listen.

I looked over at him and he was leaning forward.  Paying attention, transfixed.  He asked some questions, cause he's Alex and he ALWAYS asks question.  When it was over we both were clapping and I was crying.

Of course.



2 comments:

Old Bogus said...

I agree it was historical. But my favorite was the interminable ovation Bill C. got even after he told them to shut up and sit down!

That damned timer made too many speakers mess up their timing. Even Obama. Like who's gonna call him on overtine?!

And I'm not even a D! My wife made me watch.

D-Man said...

You should see the fucking amount of press he's getting over here. You'd think he was running for Prime Minister or something.