About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

If you ask me, I could write a book...

My brother got married last night. If I had some pictures to post, I would- but I did not take pictures yesterday. I drank instead.

The ceremony was quite lovely. I did a reading in the ceremony, which I've never done for anyone before. It was a bit nerve wracking having to speak, but I just focused on looking at the bride and groom and pretended that there was not a room of people watching me.

Deanna looked beautiful and Rick looked very handsome. He cried twice during the ceremony, and twice at the reception. I was about to yell out, "Suck it up, PUSSY!" but it just didn't seem appropriate, and I was real drunk.

His phone rang during the exchanging of the vows. It was hilarious. It also rang during the exchanging of the rings. That was classic. A big plant by the altar was knocked over during the ceremony also. It didn't matter- it was lighthearted and romantic.

The slideshow I did for the bride and groom went off nearly perfect. While I could not hook my laptop to the DJ's sound system- he HAD the songs- so he played them and his timing was just a mere seconds off of the slide show, so it still worked out just fine and I don't think that anyone even knew but me.

Did I mention that I looked fantastic? Yeah, I did. I figured out how to do my hair the way I wish it was all the time. I straightened it, and then curled up the bottoms- so it looked sort of full and wavy.

My mom said I looked like a gypsy. sigh.

The thing that I really like about Rick is that he never stops being who he is. He's been retired from the Marines for just a few months now. During the reception, he got up and said a few words- introducing my grandfather, who is a WWII veteran, and also paying respects to the people who were there who had served in any branch of the armed forces and who he had served with. He also again mentioned friends and soldiers who have lost their lives. Then they played a song, I don't know if it was the Marine Corp Hymn or just another military song, but SEVERAL people in the room stood up- signifying that they were now, or once WERE in the military. It was very very cool.

That's Rick. He's just like that.

Congrats Rick and Deanna. I fuckin love you guys.

2 comments:

Deanna Roumimper said...

We love you to! We thank you for your part in our special day! :)

Julie said...

Awww look at that- Deanna ROUMIMPER.