About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Resistance is futile.

Julie: Are you out of pain meds?
brief silence and then,

Michael: no

Julie: whatever (laughing)
He gets two weeks of pain meds at a time. He was completely overmedicated for a week and a half and falling asleep on his feet all over the house. Now he's sick and in pain and is bed asleep everywhere. There is a transition from overmedicated to withdrawals.

Like I don't know the difference. Hi, have you met me? My husband is a sober alcoholic and an almost recovering drug addict, because he is on scheduled drugs for actual pain.


This is my life, welcome to it.


1 comment:

garbonzo said...

Sorry to hear about this. My wife and I go through the same conversation at times. she knows when I am off my meds. Just not the same me...

Too bad he has to lie about it.