About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

First full day

He is quitting smoking and I am taking my first step to freedom from enabling...

He is being a mega-dick. I can already tell that this is worse than withdrawals from alcohol and crack (and yes, I stood by and watched both of those). It's even harder because the violent ejection of cigarettes is because I told him that I would no longer buy them for him. Now who knows what happens on payday when I give him a little bit of cash for the week. I suspect he will buy them in seconds, and that is going to piss me off- but what he does with the money in his pocket I cannot control. I am not going to make runs to the store for him- blatantly purchasing them.

He hates me right now, he is being a fucking ass-tank to everyone who wants to cause him pain and I am apparently the captain of that team. Whatever. Right now I really feel like every day is a battle between us. If he gets his way, then I am miserable. If I get my way, then he MAKES me miserable by being so verbally put out, sick, addicted and a big bag of douchebaggery. So you know, either way I'm miserable, but at least I am not enabling his shitty behavior.

Small steps, but it's time that I make the ones that will get me the hell out of here.

2 comments:

garbonzo said...

Time to take the book out to the pool again. Let him throw his tantrums inside.

What a douche.

D-Man said...

My god you must love him. Or something.