About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A holiday meme

Holiday meme- why do they call it a meme? and is that pronounced "Mem" or "MiMi" or "Mem-ee"




1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Who?? Oh yeah, that guy. He wraps the ones that are wrappable/ of appropriate size.

3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? Colored on the tree. I decorate the house with white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I ought to hang some over my bed.



5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the same day I decorate the tree- but that day varies

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Christmas potatoes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? See previous post.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Always knew.

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights first, then ornaments.

11. Snow! Love or Dread it? I've never seen it.

12. Can you ice skate? I have no idea.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? For Christmas? Well, last year my friend came over and brought presents for my kids from Santa. That was a fantastic gift.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? This year, being with my family.

15. Favorite holiday dessert? Well cheesecake is an everyday dessert!!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story and my favorite Christmas movie, "The Ref"
"Why don't you just...eat...me!!!"



17. What tops your tree? A star with lights

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love being able to find the perfect gift for someone.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Winter Wonderland

20. Candy Canes? I always end up munching on them whether I want to or not.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your entry just pointed out (again)to me the wonders of the internet, how we can connect with people so far away from us who have such different experiences. My last post was about a seven foot high pile of snow and you have never seen snow. That seems so strange to me, to never have seen snow.

Merry Christmas

d-man said...

Mmmmmistletoe...

golfwidow said...

I think it's "meem", but I pronounce it "me, me!" 'cos, I mean, who is it all about, really?

Also, what is the difference between Christmas potatoes and other potatoes?