About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Me Me Me Me MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I didn't get tagged, I stole this. Golfwidow is freakin hilarious. I've been listening to her podcasts and laughing my cans off.

I'm low on material, I'm sick. And I love the meme's.


  1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Started drinking Captain Morgan. I used to be allergic to rum, but I think it's just cheap bacardi cause the Captain and I are good friends!!!
  2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I think I was 5 for 5. I think I may not make new ones this year and just roll over the other 5. Rollover resolutions, like cell phone minutes.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? If I forget someone, I'm going to feel like a dick. My ex, Robert had a baby, well, his once-was-significant-other did, my babysitter had a grand daughter. My cousin had a gorgeous baby boy!
  4. Did anyone close to you die? No, but people die- close to me, at least once a week. I work in a hospital, what do you expect? My sisters beautiful dogs died.
  5. What countries did you visit? yeah... I hardly left my area code, when would I leave country??
  6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? More sex would be really nice.
  7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Halloween 2006. Got pierced. Won't forget THAT.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My new job at the hospital.
  9. What was your biggest failure? Spending my financial aid funding in record time!!!
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? ummmm, generalized anxiety disorder. Oh, and got 5th disease... whatever you call it.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmmm, I bought this fucken cool desk globe thing for my friends birthday, a plane ticket to bring my kid home for Christmas, oh and a 14 gauge barbell... that's for me.
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Gabe for using the potty!!! Woo hoo.... One down, one to go.
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Same one who always does.
  14. Where did most of your money go? I really think I spent a LOT of it on booze. It's the only thing I don't have reciepts for.
  15. What made you really really really excited? That is SUCH a loaded question. One of my blog posts was featured on a popular search engine, and that was bitchen cool.
  16. What song will forever remind you of 2006? You're Beautiful, James Blunt.
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    1. happier or sadder? Happier.
    2. thinner or fatter? Same-er
    3. richer or poorer? Richer- but it doesn't seem like it.
  18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Again, sex would be good here.
  19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waiting, whining, eating.
  20. How will you be spending (did you spend) Christmas? With my sibs and my kids. It was a perfect Christmas
  21. How will you be spending New Year’s? At home with the kids I guess. Another wild and crazy night of reckless abandon.
  22. Did you fall in love in 2006? I slipped, and fell in love- yes. Bastard.
  23. How many one-night stands? none, damn, the whole year seems kind of worthless now.
  24. What were your favorite TV programs? Grey's Anatomy.
  25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? There are a few people that I like LESS, but I try not to hate anyone.
  26. What was the best book you read? Holy fuck, did I not finish ONE book all year?? I started three of them. My damn education is in the way of my leisure time.
  27. What was your greatest musical discovery? XM radio. I love it.
  28. What did you want and get? Pierced.
  29. What did you want and not get? Thin.
  30. What was your favorite film of this year? I have seen Cars 1000 times since it came out on DVD, so I think that wins by default.
  31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 35, and I went out drinking with my friends from work and Kim too- and I had a blast!!
  32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If the two people that I lost to "location", had not left- that would have been super. Immeasurably more satisfying.
  33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? I had very little fashion sense, but I realized that my jeans were tapered and I didn't know it, so that tells you something about me. Now that I wear scrubs to work, my fashion concept is "comfort over style"
  34. What kept you sane? Nothing about my life points to sanity.
  35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I love me some Brad Pitt. I even forgive him for shackin up with that little Jolie homewrecker....
  36. What political issue stirred you the most? Policitcs tend to not 'stir' me.
  37. Whom did you miss? My kid and my best friend.
  38. Who was the best new person(s) you met? Probably Brooke and Antonette. They are just crazy ass broads who are bound to get me into a lot of trouble.

    (Side question … whom would you like to get to know better? Jaws and D-man, cause they are both smart and talented and kinda hot too.

  39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Basing a relationship on love alone is as stupid as basing it on sex alone. Love is work. I'm tired of working.
  40. Favorite memory of 2006? Getting my piercing was a big deal cause it's so unlike ME. It was something daring and bold I wanted to do, and I'm generally not a daring and bold person.

And here's another memememememe I stole.

Something different, something funny, something annoying, something surprising, and finally something weird about yourself.

I am not sure what is different about me. Different than before? or different than everyone else? I can be really innapropriate and I think the word "cunt" is awesome, and "twat" is my second favorite word. I work and go to school full time, and I've got little ones at home- but I don't know if that makes me different, I think it makes me crazy.

What's funny about me is that sometimes, I'm just wrong. I make horrendous jokes about things that are really NOT funny, because sometimes I have to laugh at how crazy things get. I'm not exactly a warm and fuzzy mom- referring to my kids as "the punk ass, the sally, and the favorite." The e-husband once referred to himself as 'skelator'- cause he lost so much weight and I had alot of fun referring to himself as "skels."

Something annoying about me~ well, probably the fact that I just don't stay angry. I can't. Maybe it's the ADHD (that I probably have), but I can be furious about something really major- I mean, really REALLY major, and then in about three days, I'm just NOT mad anymore. Even if I should be. There have been times that I had to pretend to be mad at the e-husband just to get my point across, even when I was totally over it and pissed at him about something entirely different.

Something suprising about me~ I have spent many many years feeling less than..., afraid of..., or inferior to... I often find myself so unsatisfied with my personal progress. Feeling that I should be better. A better person, a better friend, a better daughter, sister or friend... My faults tend to haunt me and I tend to be really insecure alot of the time. I really tried this year to come out of my 'shell' and be social, be daring, and be braver, but I still have days when I feel paralyzed by my own demons.

Something weird about me~ Ok, so along with the generalized anxiety and the probable ADHD, there is a touch of OCD as well. I separate my M&M's or skittles by color, and then eat them two at a time. If there is an odd number in a pile, I will eat the odd numbered piece, by itself, until I have piles of even numbers , and then eat each color, one at a time. I do this without even thinking about it.

Ok- so enough about me- tell me about YOU!!!

No comments: