About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The right side of the pillow

Call me good, call me bad... call me anything you want to, baby....

Yes, I'm listening to Wham! I'm Your Man. I love it. Love Wham! Love George Michael. Get over it.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.
Sing along bitches!!

----------------

So when I was little- I don't know how little, I was made aware that there is a right and wrong side of the pillow you sleep on. When you have a bad dream, it's because you have clearly slept on the wrong side. My mom told me this, she wouldn't lie.

I'm talking about this because I shared this with my best friend this morning, and as the words were coming out of my mouth, I realized that I had never really TOLD this to anyone before, except maybe husbands. When I would wake up in the middle of the night crying, after having a bad dream, my mom would say, "Well of course, you're sleeping on the wrong side of you pillow. Turn it over." Now never, in all my 35 years- have I ever had another bad dream after switching to the right side of the pillow. And yes, I know what you are thinking. It changes. You never really KNOW what side is right side, but you definately know when it's wrong, cause you had bad dream.

Gabe checks with me many nights before he goes to bed. To make sure that he's resting his head the right side. Thank God he has not woken up from a nightmare on a night that he has double checked with me first. But in case, I never confirm that it is, I just say, "Well it looks good to me. What do you think?"

When I explained the pillow theory. Well, it's not a theory really- it's fact. It's tested. It WORKS. It's worked for me, my entire life. But anyway, when I told him, you could see the lightbulb over his head. I mean, it made perfect sense to him. I didn't even have to explain it twice. I still have to explain to him why he MUST wash his hands even if he doesn't get pee on them. But he has never questioned the 'pillow technique.'

The other night I had two very bad dreams. One switched into another. Both scary and violent. I rarely dream of violence. Bad accidents, being chased, falling... but not usually violent in the way that people are beating each other or things like that. Which is the dreams I had last night. When I woke up- I just switched pillow all together. No use taking chances. Worked like a charm.

Go ahead, try it. You know you're gonna. What's the worst that can happen??

I mean, other than me being RIGHT about something.

No comments: