About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, December 08, 2006

One More Round

I checked my yahoo inbox this morning and got my MGM Studios weekly email. It had an ad for the new movie "Rocky Balboa". Curious, I clicked over, and watched the trailer. The premise of the movie is that a computer program put Rocky (I believe at his Rocky 3 age) up against the current heavyweight champion and it showed that good old Rock would win. Yadda yadda, lets fight... (The preview is good.)

They don't gloss over his age, referring to him as a "Balboasaurous." Clever. I did not see Talia Shire in the preview either. There was a woman giving some sort of encouragement, but you know, Adrienne never did THAT. So maybe they have a new Adrienne who realizes the futility of trying to argue with a man who's got brain damage. Anyway, I watched the preview, twice. Pauley is still there, making stupid comments, but always being in his corner. I think Apollo's old coach, who coached Rocky in 4 and 5 (don't bother correcting me if I'm wrong, you know how he is) is his coach again. In his corner is that guy, Pauley and his son.

Ok, so after the preview, I though, "Yup, I'm gonna see it."

That's right bitches, I'm going to see Rocky Balboa. Why? After I was so hurt by Rocky 5? Well, cause there's more. I'm a firm believer in more. I spent my childhood watching Rocky movies. When they are on TBS, I watch. I have fond memories of Rocky 3, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T? That's entertainment! The first one, the award winning one, was not my favorite, because I believe that really if the movie is named after you, you should WIN. Either way, the Rocky SAGA has been around as long as I have.

"Eye of the Tiger" was used in the preview, and really, that opening music is ONLY good in Rocky movies, when someone is getting punched. We ALL dig that song, admit it- but only in the context of Rocky.

So yeah, something else on my list of things to do. See Rocky Balboa. C'mon, the trailer ad says "He's back for one more round" - get it, cause he's a boxer. So I will do it, I will get sucked into the story. Cheer for the underdog. And add it to my list of guilty pleasures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would rather watch paint dry than Rocky..

...zzzzzz....