About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Potty Animal!!

Well one of my New Years Resolutions last year was to potty train both beasties. I did manage to get Gabe potty trained. I think it took about a week of 'intense' training- lots of Elmo's Potty Time DVD, and M&M's. Lots of M&M's. M&M for sitting on the potty. I think I gave him a 'fun bag' of M&M's for actually GOING on the potty. It took some time, but he had very few accidents.

So today I decided that it was time to start with Dan. He just turned three. He tells me when he needs a diaper change. He loved the Elmo's Potty Time DVD more than Gabe did really. Gabe just quotes it whenever any kind, not just potty accident occurs. "Mama- Grover says accidents happen!" Convenient.



So I put Danny in underwear- and he promptly wet them- about 2 minutes after he sat on the potty. Oh well. "Accident happen mama- Grover says!" yeah yeah.

So we'll see how it goes. I've got three days to make serious progress with this. It would be a great way to finish the holiday season if I could stop buying diapers!!!

1 comment:

Andy Land said...

Can't you just put them in a crate and leave them there? I hear they won't piddle where they live and sleep.

Wait...you're talking about actual people and not puppies or other pets. Damn. OK, no crate-training, unless the Elmo thing doesn't work out.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Much appreciated. If you're up for a link exchange just let me know.

Happy New Year.