About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Spin the dragon rider lust

Well tomorrow is Christmas eve. I have nothing wrapped, but everything is bought. I got presents for all the neices and nephews, and for my own kids. Nobody over the age of 20 got a Christmas gift this year. I just didn't have the funds for it. But I really feel good about the presents that I bought and I think everyone will enjoy the holiday.

I took the day off on Friday and took Alex to see Eragon. I was not all that excited to see it- I had no idea what it was about. "Dragon Movie"- was all I knew. Alex is definately a movie talker- I have NO IDEA where he gets that from, but I warned him that if he was going to be talking through this whole movie, I was going to sit somewhere else. About 5 minutes into the movie, I started asking him questions- and continued every 10 minutes or so until HE told ME, "Mom- watch the movie!!" I really liked it. It was fun and exciting and that boy who plays Eragon was pretty freakin hot.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yeah- cougar... I know. I'm trying to find a positive spin for it. But it's hard to do when the facts are that I was watching this movie with my 11 year old son, looking at a 17 year old "dragon rider" and thinkin how sexy he looked when he was sweating. No way to spin it. At one point he took his shirt off. I thought to myself, "holy crap!!" You don't see a whole lot of THAT anymore. At least I don't. And I don't know if I ever thought this before, but I think I could listen to Jeremy Irons talk all night long. His voice reverberates at the base of my spine. Apparently I like to listen to the older ones, but look at the younger ones. It's official, I've become a MAN!!

My eyelashes are fairing well. A few did come out from my incessant rubbing- but I bought some eyelash adhesive and fixed them. The one eye that didn't need fixing, is completely 'poke free.' I don't feel them at all, not even if I blink real hard.



Overall, my holiday shopping was not horrendous. I got it done in about three days and I think I spent within my 'budget.' I really wanted to buy gifts for the sibs and partners. But I just couldn't afford it. I saw some cute things for everyone but stuck to my guns about just buying for the kids. I didn't buy A LOT for my kids- but a few things each. Suitable. Even if I could have afforded to buy more- I would have hated myself for it. I remember years that we didn't buy anything for the kids, but they would never know it for all the presents we got from everyone else.

In the mail today I received the annual holiday "newsletter" that my cousin sends out. Every year I think about something like that but I resist the urge. I much prefer information to go out via rumor mill- it's SO much more informative, and when the info comes BACK to me- I learn more about the situation than I even KNEW!! It's much more FUN that way.

I wonder if Alex will want to Eragon, just one more time... Leave it to me to sexualize a dragon movie.

1 comment:

D_Man said...

That's a great photo.

It's just gone Christmas Day here.
Happy Xmas!

Let me add a Happy New Year, as this may be my last net contact for this year. I'm going camping. There is no power or phone. Back sometime in the first week. Probably late.