About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Rabbits, Chocolates and Jesus.

(and yes, I saw the typo in the Holidailies excerpt- I HATE when I do that!!!!)

So if you are using Blogger Beta, or it's not Beta anymore, it's just Blogger and the old version is called The Old Version.... anyway- it goes though your Google Account, and G-mail always has different advertisement feeds that show up across the top of your screen, like a banner- but not. Usually the ad somehow related to what you have in your inbox. The Adwords are always tailored to words in your mail or your searches. So I logged in just now and the sponsored Ad feed is this:

Rabbit Pearl Vibrator - RabbitPearl.info - Looking to find rabbit pearl? Visit our rabbit pearl guide.

I don't even have to do a search, Google is finding vibrators FOR me. Now that's a good search engine. And you know, that just tells you something about what's going on in MY email!!!

I'm 1AM on December 24th. I am having a bowl of cereal and some candy.

My grandparents have 23 grandchildren, and like 20 great grandkids. There is just no way they can buy that many presents. So we get choclate and cookies for Christmas. This year I got a box of Helen Grace chocolates- and a HUGE tin of sweet cookies and biscuits. For many years we would get the Chocolate letters. But I think with as many as they needed to buy, they never had all the letters.

I enjoy the chocolate and cookies.

About 4 years ago at an office Christmas party, I had a talk with the company presidents wife. They have 4 kids and I asked her how they managed at Christmastime, you know, back before he was the president of the company. She told me that at Christmas, the kids only got three presents each.

"Cause that's all that Jesus got," she smiled and winked at me, "And who are they to think that they deserve more presents than Jesus!"

I thought that was brilliant!! It limits excessive spending, even if I had the means to excessively spend, and it teaches them about humility and limits. And can segue into a conversation about Jesus!! Everyone wins. It's hard for kids, anyone really, to justify wanting more presents than Jesus got for the very FIRST Christmas!!!

Speaking of which, I looked here and found out a little bit about the three gifts that the kings brought to Jesus. Cause what the heck is Frankincense and Myrrh?? Turns out that they were used in religious ceremonies. Myrrh was used to annoint kings. A -ha!!

I am not well versed in Traditional Christmas stories. Whenever I hum the tune of "We Three Kings"- it's always hummed to the tune of Scarborough Fair and I'm tempted to follow up the second line with, "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme."

And you didn't think Simon and Garfunkel did Christmas music...

Happy Holidays!! Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: