About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Question for today- What was autumn like?

Huh?? Autumn?? Oh right, Fall, Yeah, is that over??

I admit it, I live in California. Orange County, California where we do our best to control the climate to stay within the 65-85 degree range and we drive like assholes when we are out of that range. I don't know what it's like to see leaves change color, or snow fall on the ground. It snows in the mountains, but I've never been there. It gets really hot in the valley, but I don't go there very often either.

It gets cold in the mornings. I usually leave for work at 6AM or earlier. And I am cold. From my Secret Santa, here at work, I got a very nice fleece glove, scarf and hat set. I wore the gloves and scarf today. Yes- I wored a scarf and gloves. It was 42 degrees.

Now don't start with the "You don't know what cold is!" schpiel. I hear it from my boss who is from St. Louis where it gets so cold that you lose power! Ok, to me, a place like that is not a place where you are supposed to live. That's too fucken cold!!!! It doesn't have to be less than 14 degrees for me to be cold. I can be cold at 42 degrees. Don't tell me this is not cold. I'm telling you, it's cold.
I'm cold.
Just cause my tits are not frozen SOLID does not mean that I'm not cold.

Weather snobs piss me off.

  • re: the holiday "MEE MEE"
Christmas potatoes are made with potatoes, like 4 kinds of cheese and butter. They are fantastic. They are different from regular potatoes because my sister only makes them at Christmas time.

  • re: Running into the someone who had no idea who I was
I did some shopping yesterday. It wasn't so bad. I also ran into the nephew of one of my best friends at Target. It was funny because I recognized him right away. I have been seeing pictures of this kid since he was 5. So imagine him freaking out when I see him and say "Rich?" he looked at me like like, "who the HELL are you?" What he said was, "Why do you look familiar?" I have no idea why I look familiar to him, cause I shouldn't. He hasn't been looking at pictures of ME for 17 years!! But he was polite. Attempted to catch me up on the family, but of course I know. But it was funny, because I have not SEEN him, up close, in at least 9 years. But it took me about 2 seconds to know who he was. He saw me looking at him, before I said his name, he was probably wondering who this old broad was that was eyeing him.


4 days. FOUR DAYS.

Tomorrow I am having my eyelashes done. I will post a picture.

No comments: