About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

baby, your on the brink...

The Sound of Music is on TV tonight. I love this movie.

You need someone older and wiser
telling you what to do.
I am 17 going on 18
I'll take care of you....

Ahhhh- what a wonderful scene. I always loved this scene, the dancing in the gazebo in the rain. I love her dress. She's so sweet and feminine. I wonder what this movie would be like if they remade it. Really I'm surprised nobody has tried with the flurry of remakes they always do.

Who would play Maria??
Nicole Kidman?
Reese Witherspoon?
Ashley Judd?

Who would play Captain von Trapp?
Tom Hanks?? (Can't he play anyone??)
Johnny Depp??
Ewan McGreggor??

Hmmm- what do you think??

3 comments:

golfwidow said...

I'm glad they HAVEN'T decided to remake Sound of Music because you KNOW they'd tap Russell Crowe for that, and I just find him so distasteful.

Julie said...

OHH!!! You are right!! He seems like the right age for that.

Lori M said...

Kyle and I just watched the Sound of Music too. LOVE IT. "How do you solve a problem like Marriiaahh..." :)

Let's see. If they remade it, I might like to see Jennifer Garner in the Maria role. I like her because she can be so sweet and yet goofy and energetic too.

Captain Von Trapp is a tough one. Has to be someone tall. Russell is too short. Gerard Butler could be good. Do you know him? He's in that movie with Hilary Swank (oooh, she could be a Maria?) right now (P.S. I Love You) but most know him from 300. Obviously he wouldn't be quite so bulked up to be Captain Von Trapp. Colin Firth would make a wonderful Captain Von Trapp too. I LOVE Colin Firth. :)