About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, December 03, 2007

You will get a sentimental feeling.

Today's Holidailie prompt is about snow.

I've never been to the snow. I have no story. I know, it's weird, but I just never have. Every year I think, maybe this year, or maybe next year. But I never get there.

It did rain here in So Cal this past week. For the first time all year I think. And my ornaments were on my patio and somehow the lid to the rubbermaid tub thingy came off, so it filled halfway up with water. Ruined all my lights, ornanents and such. I managed to salvage some of the ceramic ones, but all of the handmade ornaments that Sarah has made for us over the years were ruined- so that sucked. It gave me a good reason to buy all new ornaments though.

Because I was on the phone when I was at Target, I got lights that I thought were green wires, but they are actually green lights. The ornaments I got were in that Target brand Mardi Gras color scheme. I could not find a tree top that matched, so I bought a red bow and added some red ribbon. I will get more into my Christmas issues later- but I really think that this is the prettiest Christmas Tree I've ever had.


This is the first year that he has decorated the tree with us. He was usually not living with me, sick, hospitalized or drinking. This year was a nice change.


Alex, Spidey (Gabe) and Dan (the POTTY ANIMAL) in front of the tree.

Finished tree, and a little blurry but you can see the green lights!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Digging the tree! Also very cool that Mike helped decorate.

Man I hate it when ornaments etc. get wrecked before you can use them, like when you get a box out of the garage (or basement or balcony storage room or whatever) and find that just enough moisture invaded the box to get mildew all over your childhood copy of The Littlest Angel or The Night Before Christmas. Argh!

Thanks for the pics,
Ed