About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Off for 9 days

I have the next 9 days off of work. nine days.

I wish I was going somewhere. The reason I took the time off is because the kids are off school. E-husband has been home with them the last few days and I have next week. I don't have money to do anything exciting, so I will spend most of the time cleaning house, putting away Christmas decorations and just spending time with the kids. Sarah my step daughter is in town next week also, so I'm hoping to spend at least one or two days at the e-inlaws with her. Danny will hopefully be 100% potty trained- but I suspect it will just be 100% of #1 trained. Still won't make the poop in the potty. But that comes with time. He will use the potty, even if he has a pull up on- so that helps.

E-husband will be gone next week, and I suspect at least a week after that. I am relieved. I need a break. He has been unbearable this week. I understand if he isn't feeling well, but there's no need in being a complete douchebag to everyone else. He's welcome to a big bowl of shut up and go away. Driving away without him on Sunday is not going to bother me at all.

School starts the end of January. I only have one class on campus and it's at 7PM. I have no more early classes, so I'm going to change my work schedule so I can spend 40 minutes dropping all the kids off at school each day. It means that I get to sleep until 6:30- instead of waking up at 5. We will leave the house at 7:20- drop off Danny, then Alex- and walk Gabe to class at 8AM. Then head off to work where I will stay until 5. I figure if I don't have class, then my parents should not have to get up at 6AM- as well as take the kids after school.

I'm trying to make a shift here. Focus more on the kids because I have time to do it. I will still have studying to do, but at least I can be at home more often and we will have that time in the morning. I've always tried to give the kids as much as I can, knowing that my time was limited due to the 9-12 evening hours a week I had to spend at school. Now I can give them more of my time, and hopefully that will be good for all of us. Also, since dinner time at my mom's house is at 5- chances are, I will get a cooked hot meal when I show up at my mothers house at least 3 nights a week- which right there is worth it for me. :)

So I'm going to put in a good hard days work here, and head out for 9 days.

Oh, and kudos to my sister who is working for a subprime that is closing thier doors today. Poor thing, she works in HR and has spent the last 6 months laying off about 2000 people. She's like the angel of death. Love you girl!!!

No comments: