About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

cracked rear view

Quick- what's the band??

The end of the year is a good time to look back. As much as I really don't WANT to look back- sometimes it's important to see where you've been to appreciate where you are. I think this year has been easier than years past. Money troubles, but that has nothing to do with the time of year, or the year- that is just about me being a part of the demographic they call "the working poor." Early in the year, I ended a relationship with someone whom I leaned on to make up for my (at the time) failing marriage. It wasn't pretty and I didn't talk about it, and I still won't.

Press on. That's what this whole year was about. 2007 has been a means to an end. Everything about this year is just an attempt to get through it. If you can't beat it, you have to stand it. I struggled to keep my grades up, I struggled to do the best I could do for the kids. I don't know if I did it or not, but I tried my best. It's the best I could do. I struggled to stay financially afloat, and until December, I did alright. I am now, officially in the hole. Not bad considering in less than a month I will have my financial aid funding and it will all be ok again. I have no idea what I will do when I only have my salary to count on!

This year was disaster free. There were no earth shattering moments for me. Nothing destroyed life as I knew it. There were some close calls. Some things that shook me up a little bit. However, nothing that fucked up my life. I think, in all- 2007 was, oh my god, a good year.

Looking back through my cracked rear view window, I DON'T see destruction as I have in years past. I am not leaving pieces of my heart behind me. I am not leaving the lives of others in my wake. Just footprints.

1 comment:

golfwidow said...

Hootie and the Blowfish, before Darius Rucker put on a cowboy hat and started singing for Burger King.

I hope 2008 will swing upward with a vengeance. You deserve it.