About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Julie's Holiday Newsletter



Happy Holidays Family and Friends!!!

Let me please start by announcing that "The Sister" is Cancer Free. This is probably the best news that I could have received this Christmas. After her surgery, I admit that I was trying not to think about the possible news we would receive- but after I got the best call I got all month- I sat on the floor and cried so many tears of relief. Tears that I know we all share.

On that positive note, lets get right into the craziness that lives here in my crappy apartment.

Oldest Beastie moved back home with me last summer. His dad also came back to California so Oldest beastie won't be without his dad and I had no such luck as to have my ex husband on the other side of the country. I think it was definitely an adventure for Oldest beastie to be away from me, but I am glad to have him home since he is old enough to do the dishes and cook easy meals for himself and his brothers. He is venturing head first into teenager-hood, and hopefully we can clothesline him before he causes any major trouble for himself. So far he's managed to drop his grades, ditch school, and get sent to the principles office for getting into a lunchtime ruckus! And it's only December. Oh, how they grow!!

Middle beastie is in Kindergarten now. It's a two year Kindergarten program for kids who are the the right age to start but maybe no advanced enough. I was told by his teacher that at the end of Kindergarten they want children to be able to write three sentences on one topic that start with a capital letter and end with a period. Holy shit, I don't even know if Oldest beastie would make it out of Kindergarten right now!! He is obsessed with Spiderman and spends the weekends in this Spiderman costume even out in public, webbing innocent people and other kids who give him funny looks. For all that macho spiderman stuff, you'd think he'd stop crying all the time though, he is still kind of a Sally.

Baby beastie just turned four. He's still potty training, but definitely making progress. It's about time. Everyone told me that he would not graduate high school in diapers, but I think we were cutting it close. I also think that if we let him, he would. You gotta give him credit though- at age 4 the kid can throw down 5 slices of pizza in one sitting.

The Daughter is still in Colorado with her mom and step dad. She is becoming a very good artist and loves comic books and Law and Order. Go figure. She also chopped her hair off, and I can't imagine that that looks like because that girl refuses to pose for pictures, but we will know soon because she'll be home for New Years and I plan to attack her with my camera!!

As for me and e-husband, well, that is still a neverending story. It appears that we are heading towards a reconciliation. Raising all these kids alone is just not as easy as I make it seem. Things are improving for us, and while he still struggles with his health, he's not dead yet!! SCORE!

I am graduation this May, so put that on your calendars, people. Lets see if I can get mom to cry and tell her I've made her proud. Don't hold your breath, but bring your camera's... just in case. I am going to jumping into a graduate program right after graduation so I have 2 1/2 more years to go and I will finally be done with school. Hopefully by then I will be able to get a job that will pay off the 80 grand I will owe in student loans!!

So that is what is going on in the life and family of Julie. The more things change, the more things stay the same. Kids are crazy, husband is still sick and miserable and I'm super-fucking-woman.

Merry Christmas!!

-julie

No comments: