About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Right down Santa Claus lane.

Christmas with the e-inlaws was really nice. I managed to ignore the e-husbands bitching while he was getting ready. Before he got into the car, he complained one last time to which I replied, "Will you just SHUT UP!?!" Nobody was forcing him to go. He could have, at any point said, "I'm not going, you go." But he didn't, he chose to complain like a teenager. But I shut him up pretty good and everyone slept for almost the entire hour long car ride.

I did, however, make sure to put on the radio station that was playing nothing but Christmas music as soon as we got in the car- to which Here Comes Santa Claus was playing. I turned it up. Hee hee. Satan Clause.
(My inlaws house, all lit up for Christmas. Dig the palm trees!)

Despite the Grinch I brought with me, I had a wonderful time. I am blessed with good people for inlaws. I had not seen a lot of them for a few since, since the separation but I was embraced as if I never left, and even Aunt D commented that she didn't blame me for walking away, but she is glad that I am back. E-husband snapped out of it after a good nap taken and he even came by and apologized eventually. However, I did keep my distance all night. I didn't want to run the risk of him ruining my good spirits.

The kids enjoyed opening their presents, and of course they never have enough to open- but they got a lot of good stuff. Gabe and Dan got a DVD player for their room. They didn't know how to be excited about that- but later today- when it's all hooked up- I know I will be happy about it!!! I got a laptop tray, which is kind of like a TV tray, but it's metal and it's got lip so my laptop does not slide off. I think it was the only think I could say that I WANTED for Christmas, so I'm very glad that I got it. I also got some cash, some gift cards and some good smelling body stuff.

I think what a few of us really wanted, was what little Maddie got, which was some Hannah Montana underwear.

You may not be able to tell, but they are glittery, and truly adorable.

The boys are excited about Santa coming tonight. I hope they enjoy the presents. If e-husband does not get out of bed in the morning, we will open presents without him. I will not make them wait for him to drag his lazy ass out of bed, considering he didn't do any shopping anyway. Christmas morning will not wait for him.

2 comments:

D-Man said...

Merry X.

golfwidow said...

I wonder if they make Hannahpants in 4x.

Happy Christmas.