About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Holiday Meme about me me me me meeeeee!

I haven't Chrismas Meme'd yet, so I will do it now- thanks to Golf Widow and I will tag Shibari, Blissfully Wed and Jaws (cause she doesn't blog enough!!)


1. Wrapping or gift bags? I am really bad about buying gift wrap. I always get it at the last minute. Santa has different gift wrap than the presents that come from mom and dad. That is a pain in the ass.

2. Real or artificial tree? I have a fake tree. It was given to me about three years ago from someone I used to work with that I didn't think really liked me. She said she had this 8 foot artificial tree that was too big for her condo, so she just gave it to me. It's such a blessing because I never have money to buy a tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? This year I put it up right after thanksgiving. It's a fake tree so it keeps all season.

4. When do you take the tree down? Last year I waited until the third week in January. It's a fake tree and I like the lights.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. It's so thick. Incidentally I don't like yogurt drinks either.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got a teddy bear from my step dad, I named him Barney. I still have it. I left in on a school trip in high school and I had the hotel send it to me.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I do have one, but I didn't put it up this year. It's not a fancy one, just white ceramic. I have no place to put it this year.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I broke up with someone on Christmas one year. After we exchanged gifts, we had sex and then I said, "This isn't working, is it?" He agreed and we broke up. Good old, Bob.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have not sent out Christmas cards in several years. I used to hand make them but I just don't have the time. I admit I usually send out e-cards.

10. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Ref and The Santa Clause.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year I went the weekend after Thanksgiving, but usually I shop whenever my paycheck before Christmas comes in.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My sisters Christmas potatoes, and my aunts fudge.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Usually colored. This year they are all green.

14. Favorite Christmas song? All I want for Christmas, Mariah Carey. Rockin around the Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually go to family- but they are all local.

16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, I know the song!!

17. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars, but this year since I had to get all new ornaments I could not find a star that I liked, so I have a bow.

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? I really don't care. It truly makes no difference to me, but of course for the kids, Christmas morning.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I never have money to buy the gifts I want for people.

20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? No.

21. What do you leave for Santa? We have left cookies and milk. And also nuts for the reindeer.

22. Least favorite holiday song? Santa Clause is coming to town, Bruce Springsteen. Jingle Bells, Barbara Streisand.

23. Favorite ornament? E-husband and I bought these two cheap ornaments the first year we were together. One is a sun and the other is a moon. We used to have this sun/moon thing going on. They have been on our/my tree every year and they are always next to each other.


1 comment:

Shibari said...

I posted my meme... :) yay