About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Diary of a Potty

Saturday 9AM

Up at 6:15 AM. I've had Danny sitting on the potty every 12-20 minutes. I have a timer.

9:16AM and he's been sitting here ON the potty for about 15 minutes. He drank two cups of Sunny D, at 8:45. I know he has to pee. When I tried to let him up, 6 minutes ago- he stood and was holding on to his peepee. I know he is just battling me on this- and I just have to win this one. I have cookies, the Lofthouse super soft awesome cookies for him if he will go. It's his birthday- he's going to get presents and a god-damn cake later. Just PEE for fucks sake kid!!!
*
9:20AM. Oh my god! He did it!!! I KNEW he had too. I know it was a battle I was going to have to win and it was just a standoff. So we cheered!! We high-fived. He wiped, flushed, and washed his hands. We clapped and made a big fuss- and now he's having his cookie.

ummmm- now what? Do I still have him sit on the potty every 15 minutes? He just went?? Hmm, maybe I will wait for 30 minutes this time.
*
10:15AM. Still threw a fit having to sit down. But I didn't make him sit for too long. I'll load him with lots more fluids, and hopefully he will pee once more before naptime.
*
10:50AM. He was starting to hold on to his peepee. I could tell he was feeling like he had to go. So I sat him on toilet and he screamed for a bit, but then he went!! HAAAAYYY NOW!!! Nap time so afterwards, I put him back into a pull up- just a bit of protection although I think his bladder is empty now and I'm not giving him any more juice.
*
11:00AM E-husband (Estranged husband) showed up. He said "You're giving him a whole cookie, every time he goes to the bathroom?" I said, "yes I am" and gave him a look that said, "Shut the fuck up, you fucking fucker!" He didn't say anything more.
Smart man.
*
2:30PM Dan's up from his nap. Chuggin OJ. I'm watching him. After he pees, we'll open presents!
*
3:30 Presents open, no pee. I'm over it. Did anyone help me with the cake? The presents? Anything? nope. just me. All me...
*
4:16 Still no pee. I'm trying to be patient. I need a drink. How does the sound of running water NOT make him have to pee. It makes ME have to pee.
*
6PM. Middle of dinner, he stood up and crosses his legs in the "I gotta pee" stance. I jumped up- took him to the potty. And he went, almost instantly!!! HURRAY!!!!!

He didn't go again before bedtime, much to my frustration. This morning, he went twice on the potty- pretty close together. Then he had an accident. I was not paying attention cause it was about 20 minutes after he had already peed for the second time. He hasn't pooped in over a day- so I'm not sure what kind of a struggle that is going to be. Perhaps the Spiderman underwear will be a good motivator. You just don't poop on Spiderman.

1 comment:

ms. fits chicago said...

Ah, potty training... I remember those days. I hated them. Good luck with all of that -- mine were both just over four before it really happened.