About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

I was thinking of you, while on the internet- so here's a card.

I spend all yesterday Potty Training. It was exhausting. You can read the hilarity here. I think the key today is not exactly doing the every 15 minute thing, but giving him fluids and then watching him for signs that he has to go. He gets really mad with the 15 minute thing- but if he is doing the potty dance, then you know he's gotta go- so he doesn't fuss for very long. It just requires me to stay in close proximity to him all the time.



I thought that as well as my own musings, I would also use the Holiday Prompt from Holidalies. Today's is:

Maintaining friendships ... and do holiday cards help?

I have not sent out Christmas cards in many years. I think I have said many times that my calendar is marked by mid-terms, finals and when I get financial aid funding. And in December, I have finals- and HAVE had them for about 9 years. Yes, I've been in college that long. So in the midst of studying for 4 tests along with presentations and/or papers- I just don't get around to holiday card-ing. I think I stopped sending out Christmas cards the year Gabriel was born. I admit that I do send out e-cards, which I realize are sometimes viewed as a tacky substitute than spending time and money- but it does let my online friends know I am thinking of them. Or at least I was when I was entering in addresses. The Thanksgiving e-card I sent to a few people was really funny. Before I stopped sending cards in the mail, for many years I hand-made holiday cards. I used to 'stamp'- so my holiday cards were handmade and fancy, complete with glitter and stuff. I am thinking about doing that again this year, but I'm not promising. I have some photo card frames, so if I can get ONE decent picture of my family with all 4 kids, then I might do that instead.

The people I recieve holiday cards from, are people that I usually talk to at least a few times a year. I get them from family members- usually picture cards or photos I have usually already seen, but I like them anyway.

If a friend remembers me on thier holiday card list, that's really nice- and I think I would only be offended NOT to get a card from a friend, if I KNEW they were sending out cards, and I didn't get one. That happened last year.

I sure hope that my friends don't think they are NOT on my holiday card list. Really, I just don't HAVE one. I hope that doesn't make me bad friend. If I'm a bad friend, it's for way better reasons than not sending out Christmas Cards!!!

No comments: